World Vision International Nepal (WVIN), an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice, is looking for potential Nepalese candidates to fill out the following positions:
Position: Senior Grants Acquisition Specialist
Job Location: National Office, Lalitpur
Work Purpose: To work with staff from across WVIN (e.g. Operations, P&C, Finance and Programmes) and the WV partnership (e.g. staff from Support and Regional Offices) to support the identification, development and timely submission of quality concept notes and proposals for both institutional grant funding and private non sponsorship funding.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (preference International Master’s degree) any discipline from recognised university with at least one year’s practical experience in development programming in a humanitarian context with I/NGOs.
- Excellent analytical skills; and ability to quickly grasp complex Programme concepts across a range of sectors
- Strong Research skills and ability to develop grant proposals, and reports capturing results, evidence, good practice and learning
- Excellent team building, collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills
- Experience of developing concept notes/Proposal for Institutional Donors (USAID/OFDA, DFATD, EU/ECHO, DFAT, DFID and UN agencies).
- Good Knowledge of programme design, and programme cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Demonstrated high capacity to coordinate effectively and build strong working relationships with wide range of people and departments
- Experience in developing project technical designs including log frames, Indicator Tracking Tables (ITTs), detailed implementation plans including developing grant technical project proposals
- Ability to live and work in difficult remote areas and travel extensively; knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct;
- Good Interpersonal skills in English and Nepali (Oral and Written), attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Have positive learning attitude and concern for the poor and vulnerable people,
- Have high level of integrity and honesty, self-motivated, confident, and independent
- Willingness to commit to World Vision ethos, vision, mission and core values
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with Statement of Purpose’ by 9 April 2017 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below.
World Vision International Nepal
People & Culture Department
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.