Nepali Bible recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information and will keep the information you entrust to us safely and securely.
This policy tells you how Nepali Bible collects information from you, how we protect it and how we use it, and share all personal information which you provide when you use Nepali Bible website or mobile app. This application of this policy does not extend to the practices of companies that Nepali Bible does not own or control or to people that Nepali Bible does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Nepali Bible wants to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Our data collection policies allow you to choose how much information to provide us and to control how we use whatever information you tell us. Our goal is to provide you with a robust experience while allowing you to control your privacy and giving you a means to voice any questions or concerns you may have.
Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked at various times to provide information such as your name, email address or information about what you like and do not like.
The following is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, where we can:
- Information on how you use our website or app, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, cookies, time spent on a page or content, and the route you took to navigate through the pages.
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services.
Nepali Bible also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Nepali Bible cookie information and the page you requested. In addition, when you use Nepali Bible’s services like commenting on posts, you may make some of your personal information public.
If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return and Nepali Bible will not be responsible for the use or misuse of such information. The main uses of your personal information are to verify your identity; to help provide our services; to administer those services; to enable us to review and improve our service to provide access to certain areas of the website or app.
The information we collect is also used to notify visitors about events, changes and other information about this site or app. The information we collect is never shared with other organizations for commercial or other purposes.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Nepali Bible will NOT disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties except in the following situations:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond to your comments or to resolve service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues);
- We respond to requests from any Indian or foreign government, security, defense, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
- When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our site or app;
- We find that your actions on our site or app violate the Nepali Bible terms of service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
USE OF INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties’ goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations that may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
To improve the responsiveness of the site for our users, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the Identified Computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply (an example of this is when you ask for our Newsletter). A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes. You are responsible for keeping your User ID and password secure and you should not disclose them to anyone.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
Last updated on September 22, 2018.