United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of
life. As they serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships
that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Programme Officer – Good Governance and Education (based in Bajhang)
UMN works with a wide range of partners including local NGOs, schools, cooperatives and government offices. Organisational Development is a key area of UMN that builds the capacity of partner organisations to help them serve their target communities effectively and efficiently. The main purpose of this position is to build the capacity of UMN partners in Bajhang by providing professional expertise in Good Governance, Organisational Development and Education in order to bring changes in the lives of poorest people living in poverty, thereby contributing to community transformation.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Development Studies, Sociology or Management;
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in Organisational Development, Education and Good Governance;
- Sound knowledge and skills in participatory organisational assessment and planning;
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in planning, budgeting, reporting and proposal writing;
- Good networking, training, facilitation, coaching and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and computer skills;
- Willingness to work in remote areas of Nepal;
- Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00pm on Monday, April 10, 2017. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and members of marginalised groups.